The General Conference (GC) is an Alliance event that takes place every 2 years just before the Alliance General Assembly, in late autumn, and is supported by the European Youth Foundation of the Council of Europe or by Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
It is a space for Alliance member and partner organizations as well as other voluntary service organizations and actors to meet and discuss a relevant topic for the future development of the Alliance network and the IVS movement in general.
The latest Conferences organized by the Alliance are:
- GC 2018, focused on Monitoring and Evaluation, 3rd activity of ERSI project, coordinated by IBG and hosted by De Amicitia in l’Alfás del Pi, Spain, prior the General Assembly 2018.
- GC 2016 “Open Space for Migration” – Petnica (Serbia) – hosted by YRS and co-organized with IJGD.
- GC 2012 “Volunteer in Diversity: Volunteering, an opportunity for a better social inclusion and active participation of young people with disability” – Mozet (Belgium) – hosted by CBB.
- GC 2010 “New Trends in the Voluntary World” – Ankara (Turkey) – hosted by GSM.
- GC 2008 “From preparation through evaluation and follow-up: enhancing the quality of international voluntary workcamps as a practical tool for intercultural education” – Lviv (Ukraine) – hosted by Alternative-V.
The outcomes and internal reports of the General Conferences are available in the members’ dedicated section of the website.